Meet the team
David Eardley - Lead Podiatrist and Manager
David has a passionate interest in diagnosing and treating a wide range of foot pathologies their effect on the whole body. He has a particular interest in Musculoskeletal Podiatry, including gait analysis and foot orthoses prescription with specialisation in 3D printed Foot Orthoses, for which he presented a scientific poster on this subject at the College of Podiatry Conference 2015. David has been adding to his foot health Knowledge since 1985 and is currently studying for a Masters degree in Clinical Gait Analysis
- Specialist and referral point for gait analysis & foot orthoses, including clients at premiership football teams, other professional sports teams, and individual athletes.
- Newcastle United Football team first point of call for Podiatry related and foot conditions
- Developed North East’s first Podiatric based cycling assessments
- Clinical lead at Podfo
- Manager of Peacocks North East Foot Centre
- Qualified practitioner in Podiatric acupuncture.
- Regular Lecturer to Health Care Professionals on foot orthoses.
- Educator and coordinator for Durham School of Podiatry Orthotics placement program
- Accredited clinical educator
- Experience in Medico- legal reports for foot Orthoses and Footwear
- Advisor to A-footprint project on foot orthoses prescription protocols.
- Advisor to Cassamobile Orthoses manufacturing project
Outside work.David is married and has four children that keeps him busy, but he is instilling in them his lifelong interest in running, cycling, outdoors, camping and mountaineering. Throughout this time, David has managed to also become a qualified British Sub Aqua Club Advanced Diver and Instructor, a qualified British Parachute Association Instructor and Formation Skydiving Coach and got his 1st Dan in Kendo 2015. The latest thing he has taken up is windsurfing!
Hillary Thompson, Podiatrist and qualified shoe fitter
She started her career within the Newcastle-upon-Tyne NHS Foundation Trust, where she stayed for over eight years. During this time, she became experienced in all areas of Podiatric care but has always had a particular interest in biomechanics, orthotics and, more recently, the provision of therapeutic footwear.
Hilary can also be found on the Society of Shoe Fitters' Register of Qualified shoe Fitters
Like most women Hillary also enjoys buying shoes and her current collection would be the envy of Imelda Marcos; She hopes that she can encourage her customers to follow suite but with sensible shoes only!
Euan Wilson, Orthotist
Euan is an experienced and enthusistic Orthotist who is a great asset to our team.
Karen Sagar, Retail Manager
Karen has worked for Peacocks for twenty years in customer service roles and has been Retail Manager at the Peacocks North East Foot Centre for 10 years. Karen’s early career began with five years in the banking industry, with customer focussed roles; she then took a career break to have her children. Karen is very family orientated and in her spare time enjoys gardening, walks in the countryside and spending time with her children and grandchildren